Translate

Top Ten Cities for arresting Americans


The top 10 cities where Americans were arrested and the number taken into custody:
1. Tijuana: 520
2. Guadalajara: 416
3. Nuevo Laredo: 359
4. London: 274
5. Mexico City: 208
6. Toronto: 183
7. Nassau, Bahamas: 108
8. MĆ©rida, Mexico: 99
9. Nogales, Mexico: 96
10. Hong Kong: 90

Arrests WorldWide (Drug Enforcement)

Arrests WorldWide (Drug Enforcement)

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

2,500 citizens are arrested abroad. One third of the arrests are on drug-related charges. Many of those arrested assumed as U.S. citizens that they could not be arrested. From Asia to Africa, Europe to South America, citizens are finding out the hard way that drug possession or trafficking equals jail in foreign countries.
Disclaimer: The statements and articles listed here, and any opinions, are those of the writers alone, and neither are opinions of nor reflect the views of this Blog. Aggregated content created by others is the sole responsibility of the writers and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. This goes for all those links, too: Blogs have no control over the information you access via such links, does not endorse that information, cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided or any analysis based thereon, and shall not be responsible for it or for the consequences of your use of that information.

Over 3000 drug related posts search here

Drug Enforcement automatically monitors news articles and blog posts tracking breaking news of arrests and drug incidents as they happen worldwide .These inter-active News Reports are followed as they develop. Giving you the chance to comment on breaking stories as they happen. Drug Enforcement alerts you to topics that are frequently linked to and commented upon in the world press. Someone is arrested every 20 seconds for a drug related offense !Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the Blogspots terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the Drug Enforcement site. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed or all of their content blocked from viewing by other users without notification.

Subscriptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Comments:This is your opportunity to speak out about the story you just read. We encourage all readers to participate in this forum.Please follow our guidelines and do not post:Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo, such as accusing somebody of a crime, defaming someone's character, or making statements that can harm somebody's reputation.Obscene, explicit, or racist language.Personal attacks, insults, threats, harassment, or posting comments that incite violence.Comments using another person's real name to disguise your identity.Commercial product promotions.Comments unrelated to the story.Links to other Web sites.While we do not edit comments, we do reserve the right to remove comments that violate our code of conduct.If you feel someone has violated our posting guidelines please contact us immediately so we can remove the post. We appreciate your help in regulating our online community.
Drug Enforcement is pleased to provide a forum to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in newspapers and journals. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Readers Information

Reader uninitiated in blogs, the title of each post usually links to an original article from another source, be it newspaper or journal. Then text of the post consists of the posters comments and the comment button is for you to refer us to other interesting information or just to make a comment.
DISCLAIMER
Text may be subject to copyright.This blog does not claim copyright to any such text. Copyright remains with the original copyright holder
Drug Enforcement automatically monitors news articles and blog posts tracking breaking news of arrests and drug incidents as they happen worldwide .These inter-active News Reports are followed as they develop. Giving you the chance to comment on breaking stories as they happen. Drug Enforcement alerts you to topics that are frequently linked to and commented upon in the world press. Someone is arrested every 20 seconds for a drug related offense !Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the Blogspots terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the Drug Enforcement site. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed or all of their content blocked from viewing by other users without notification.

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.
DISCLAIMER:Text may be subject to copyright.This blog does not claim copyright to any such text. Copyright remains with the original copyright holder


Click Above

Sunday, May 27

Laura Webb imprisoned in a South American jail for three years for drug smuggling

Mum Laura is getting to know her kids again Roland Leon All through her years in a filthy South American jail, Laura Webb dreamt of the day she would see her four young children again. It was that hope which kept her alive while she struggled through 36 brutal months for a crime she did not commit. But the reunion when it came was ­bittersweet. Laura was finally freed just a few weeks ago. And her two youngest children didn’t know who she was... as they were too young to remember her. All four children were torn from their mother’s arms at an airport in ­Venezuela after £1.2million of cocaine was found in the family’s suitcases. Laura had been duped by her ex-husband Paul Makin, who had ­selfishly used her and the children to ­smuggle drugs into Britain. The terrified children spent two weeks in an overcrowded ­orphanage before they were brought home by a relative. Laura, 34, would spend the next three years in fear for her life while trying to sleep on the concrete floors of one of the world’s most notorious jails. Her two youngest children would forget her face. But, slowly and gently, she is ­getting to know them again. Hell hole: San Antonio jail where Laura was incarcerated Collect Sunday Mirror   “Seeing them for the first time was such an emotional experience,” she says. “The babies had grown so much. I knelt down in front of them both and said: ‘hi, it’s mummy.’ They looked back at me a little blankly. “It was so hard, but I knew they had been too young to remember me so I had ­prepared myself for it. “I asked if I could have a hug and they both put their arms around my neck. I couldn’t stop the tears from coming. “I stood up and turned to the older two. They had huge smiles. They said: ‘Hi mum’, and threw their arms around me. We hung on to each other for what seemed like an eternity. “The little ones are getting to know me more and more. It’s ­heartbreaking. I hope and pray that one day things will be different. There were moments over the last three years when I didn’t think I would ever make it home to them. “They kept me going. I thought of them every minute of every day. They saved my life.” Speaking of her hellish ordeal for the first time this week, Laura recalled how she was persuaded by ­ex-husband Paul, 34, to go on a week’s holiday with him and the children in February 2009. He’s the father of the two youngest children. The older two are Laura’s from a earlier relationship. “The kids had never been on holiday, let alone abroad,” says Laura. “They were so excited, so I agreed.” A few nights before they were due to leave, bus driver Paul ­delivered three new matching suitcases to Laura’s house in ­Birkenhead, Wirral. “We didn’t have any of our own,” says Laura. “Paul said he’d take care of it.” The older two helped fill them with shorts, T-shirts and flip-flops for the beach. At the Laguna Mar hotel on the holiday island of Margarita, Laura and ex-soldier Paul had separate rooms and the children stayed with her. “They absolutely loved it,” she says. “The older two were in and out of the pool all day and I was with the babies in the shade. Paul did his own thing. “There were some days when I didn’t see him at all. He often left the hotel and didn’t come back for several hours. I didn’t know what he was doing and I didn’t really care.” Innocent victim: Laura with her cell mate   On the day they left, Paul loaded their four cases on to the coach which took them to the airport. “We joined lots of other families in the queue to check in,” says Laura. “I could see everyone’s cases being searched on a table by uniformed customs officials. “When it was finally our turn, I lifted my case up on to the table and smiled at the officer. He opened it, had a look inside, then closed it and handed it back. “Then Paul lifted the first of the other three cases on to the table. The guard opened it, looked inside, and then ­suddenly stopped. “He called two other officers over and began talking to them in Spanish. I looked at Paul but he wouldn’t look me in the eye. The officers ushered us away from the queue and into an office. “The suitcase was put on a table and Paul stood in front of it. The officer turned it upside down, emptied everything and flipped it over. Suddenly, he had a knife in his hand and just plunged it through the bottom of the case. “Instantly, a cloud of white powder, like a puff of thin smoke, blew upwards. It was like something out of a film. “I couldn’t believe it. I cried out, ‘What have you done?’ My mind seemed to connect everything together ­instinctively. Paul had been in trouble with the police over drugs before. “I knew it was cocaine. I knew Paul was behind it. I knew he’d used the kids and me to try to get away with it. It all swam into my mind at the same time.” Laura fainted and came round ­several minutes later in a different office. “The children looked terrified,” she says. “They started crying and clinging on to me. “Deep down, I knew I hadn’t done ­anything wrong so I presumed nothing was going to happen to us. I thought the children and I would just get on the flight without him.” Paul admitted the cocaine was his and that he had been trying to smuggle it into Britain. He told the officers Laura knew nothing of what he’d done and pleaded with them to let her and the children go. But several hours later, a British Consulate official arrived and explained they were both being held and the children were being placed in temporary care “I told them ‘no’ and drew the kids to me,” says Laura. “I squeezed them tight and tried not to cry. But it was too hard. Paul tried to put his arms around us all but I spat at him to get away. “The older two were either side of me and put both their arms tight around me. They were crying hysterically and their fingers had to be prised open. Seconds later, the door had opened and closed and they were gone. “Paul hadn’t said a word. If I’d had a knife I would have killed him.” Laura and Paul were locked up in Venezuela’s notorious San Antonio jail to await trial. “I was the only British woman in there,” says Laura. “The ­conditions were horrific. As I was led in, I could feel hundreds of eyes on me. “There was filth everywhere. I was led to a stinking, dark room and told that was where I would sleep. It was the size of a living room but 18 women slept inside. There were no beds. “Everyone slept on the floor. I ended up with a tiny patch up against a filthy sink unit. The only shower was an old rubber hosepipe which just trickled cold water. None of the other women I shared with spoke English. “That first night, I cried the entire time. I thought, ‘My God, I can’t do this. I’m going to die in here.’ I heard rats scuttling about and there was a constant noise of women shouting and ­arguing. I was so scared I didn’t sleep a second.” After two weeks, Laura was charged with drug trafficking and told her trial would take two years to reach court. “Paul was in the room with me and we were told at the same time,” says Laura. “I flipped. I attacked him and had to be pulled off by three people. “The news almost killed me. For weeks I felt lower than I ever thought possible. The first Christmas was horrendous. The children were back home in the UK by then, which I was so grateful for. But to not be with them on Christmas Day was heartbreaking. “A few inmates managed to get hold of mobiles and one let me call them. I spoke to the older two and lied that I was fine. I said I would see them soon and wished them a Merry Christmas. “They were really strong and didn’t cry, but inside I was in agony. I managed to call home now and again and speak to my mum and dad but I found it so distressing that I didn’t do it often. “I just told myself that the children and mum and dad were at home, they’re getting on with life and they’re fine. Worrying about them was too upsetting. But I missed the children so badly.” Somehow Laura settled into a routine, learning a little Spanish as she tried to talk to the other women. Food was mostly rice and beans and a little meat scavenged from kind guards. But jail was still a dangerous place. “I was in fear for my life most days,” says Laura. “I had to be so careful. The wrong look or the wrong word to the wrong person could be fatal. “I got into an argument with a ­Jamaican woman over a carton of fruit juice. She stabbed me in the arm with a pair of ­scissors. I had to fight back or I’m sure she would have killed me. “I made some friends but the language barrier was hard. Mercifully, all the guards were good to us. Mostly, I kept myself to myself and thought of home.” In July 2009, seven months after being arrested, Paul admitted trying to ­smuggle 23kg of cocaine and was given an eight-year sentence. Six months after that, Laura pleaded not guilty but was convicted of being his accomplice and sentenced to four years and six months. Due to time ­already served and for good behaviour she was released last month. “Mum and dad met me at Manchester airport and I fell into their arms,”says Laura. “We were all crying, but this time it was through relief and joy.” The following day came the long-awaited reunion with her precious children. “One day I’ll tell them how they got me through all this... and how I owe them my life,” said Laura.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Disclaimer: The statements and articles listed here, and any opinions, are those of the writers alone, and neither are opinions of nor reflect the views of this Blog. Aggregated content created by others is the sole responsibility of the writers and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. This goes for all those links, too: Blogs have no control over the information you access via such links, does not endorse that information, cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided or any analysis based thereon, and shall not be responsible for it or for the consequences of your use of that information.

  © Distributed by Blogger Templates. Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP